Monday, November 29, 2010

4802 - Moving into the final project

Moving into the final project, I am confident I am going to be able deliver better quality stories if I take on and use the feedback given to me this semester.
The major issue with my images were cropping, Karen and Reuben said during the lecture that they wanted me to get much tighter in my detail and profile shots so I need to concentrate on that.
Another issue I had during my video pieces were remembering Lynda's "visual cha-cha-cha" - much like still photography, I didn't have enough tight shots relating to the narrative for b-roll so during our shooting for the final project I'm going to try and get as many details shots as possible to allow for the visual cha-cha-cha.
With regards to audio the most glaring critique was my use of quotes and narration - my soundbytes were far to long. While I was making it I was under the impression that I had to let the subject tell the story, when in reality with concise narration the reporter can sum up a subjects feelings and let them have their say through strong soundbytes. By doing it this way I can create a far more powerful piece.

I think for me, while I am confident with the technical aspects of video, audio and photo what I need to work on are the actual construction of the stories into succinct and powerful pieces which is done through the linking of narration, powerful soundbytes and relevant images.

No comments:

Post a Comment